Personal DataPersonal Data means information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. An identifiable individual is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, a device identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Usage DataUsage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
CookiesCookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Data Processor (or Service Providers)Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data SubjectData Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
UserThe User is you! The individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And UseWe collect different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
Personal DataWhile using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you for customer support or for our e-mail update sign up (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
Usage DataWe, or third parties operating through our website (such as analytics service providers like Google Analytics, Unity Analytics and Steam Analytics), may also collect information concerning your access and use of the Services (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), transaction history, clicks per page, play history, session data, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Location DataWe may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. Furthermore, our analytics service providers may use your IP address to generate a rough geolocation for the region or territory where you access our Services. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Website at any time, through your browser settings. However, as we rely on the analytics data provided by our third party affiliates to provide Services to you, you will not have the ability to disable this feature within the Game unless you access our Game through a third party proxy.
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of DataWe use your personal information to fulfill a contract with you and provide you with our Services, to comply with our legal obligation, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good. This includes:
- To provide and maintain our Services;
- To notify you about changes to our Services;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer support;
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, theft, intellectual property infringement, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- To improve gameplay and delivery with regard to our Game and Services;
- To enable in game transactions;
- Gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service through third party analytics providers;
- monitor the usage of our Service;
- detect, prevent and address technical issues and cheating;
- To enforce our Terms of Service, EULA, and community guidelines with respect to our Game and Service.
- provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services, events and tournaments which we offer, unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- Provide you with updates concerning our Game and future tiles;
Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure for Law EnforcementUnder certain circumstances, Galactic may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Legal RequirementsGalactic may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Galactic
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of DataWe protect your Personal Data using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use may include firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. The security of your Personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
“Do Not Track” SignalsWe do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
- to know what personal information we maintain about you
- to receive a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable or commonly used electronic format on request
- To update and modify personal information is incorrect or incomplete
- to object to our processing of your personal information when collection is based on a legitimate interest
- to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services
Service ProvidersWe may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services (“Service Providers”), to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Web Services, Payment Processing and AnalyticsWe may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Children’s PrivacyOur Services are intended for a general audience and are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users deemed to be children under their respective national laws. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
California ResidentsCalifornia Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Galactic who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address: 5265 Landers Drive, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192.
California Do Not Track DisclosureDo Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.
- Reach our Data Protection Officer by email: [email protected]
- Or by mail at 5265 Landers Drive, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192